Perspectives values your business and we thank you for your confidence in choosing our company. You trust us with your personal information. We respect that trust and want you to be aware of our commitment to protect the information you share in the course of doing business with us.
What personal information do we collect about you?
We collect the following information about you:
- Contact Information: Name, address, postal code, home phone, gender
- School information: name, address, phone number, organizer name, organizer phone
- Emergency information: name, phone number, health card number and expiry
- Travel insurance information: date of birth, purchase selection
- Payment information: payment method history – cheque, credit card. We do not collect credit card numbers.
- Activity information: activity choice and level, height, weight, shoe size
When you visit our web site, we also collect site specific user information:
- Statistics: pages you visit, links clicked
- Website cookies
How We Collect, Use and Disclose Your Information
When you purchase a trip from us, you share personal information so that we may provide you with products and services that best meet your needs. We assume your consent to use this information in an appropriate manner.
We collect your information in the following ways:
- Via our online reservation system
- Via registration forms and contracts required for the trip
- Via email / fax / phone communications
- Via payment requests
We may use and disclose this information in order to:
- Communicate with you
- Provide services essential to the success of your trip (reservations, payments, delivery of tickets, etc)
- Act as required or authorized by law
- Maintain information for up to 7 years per Canada Revenue Agency requirements
What We Will NOT Do With Your Information
- We do not sell customer information to anyone.
- We do not share customer information with other organizations unless required for the trip. Example: height, weight, shoe size for equipment rental.
We Strive to Protect Your Personal Information
All employees who are granted access to customer records understand the need to keep this information protected and confidential. They know they are to use this information only for the purposes intended. This expectation is clearly communicated. We have also established physical and system safeguards, along with the proper processes to protect customer information from unauthorized access or use.
How do you get my consent and how may I opt out?
We assume your consent when you provide your information to book your trip.
You may withdraw your implied consent at any time (subject to legal or contractual obligation and on providing us with reasonable notice) by contacting our Privacy Officer. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with the requested service.
We may occasionally use your personal information to tell you about services or products that we believe may be of interest to you. This is done within the scope of Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation. If you would rather not receive this type of communication, please let us know through our Privacy Officer.
If You Need More Information
Please contact our Privacy Officer at our main office at 1-800-718-1785, or via email at email@example.com with a subject line of ‘Privacy Officer Question’. We will be pleased to assist you.